The EXO-T1200 from Motowearhouse was the first helmet model to join Scorpion’s new T-Series (EXO-GT920 and EXO-GT3000 are the modular models. The EXO-T510 is the entry level version of the EXO-T1200). It's lightweight, aerodynamic, extremely comfortable sport touring helmet that fits a long oval head shape.
The EXO-T1200 has the Scorpion “TCT” (Thermodynamic Composite Technology) shell, which is a five-layer system of fiberglass, Aramid and other fibers. The helmet includes the proven good stuff and some new innovations too: EverClear face shield, Ellip-Tec base plate, KwikWick III liner with KwikFit cheek pads for eyeglasses and the emergency release tabs for the cheek pads. It also includes a SpeedView internal sun shade with three positions and a “VSV” (Venturi Super Vent) top vent system.
The VSV system is a multi-position intake in the front and the vent assembly channel has a large venturi vent out the back, which draws the air through the helmet. Ultimately this system provides better ventilation than other touring helmets.
The EXO-T1200 has three shell sizes and meets the DOT safety standard only (no Snell due to the internal sun shade).
This is a premium-grade touring helmet and the price reflects that; it starts at $299.95, which makes it about half the price of an equivalent Shoei or Arai.
- TCT® Composite Shell: Developed exclusively by ScorpionEXO®, the revolutionary TCT® (Thermodynamic Composite Technology) process consists of a proprietary 5 layer blend of interlaced and specially formulated fiberglass, Aramid and organic poly-resin fibers.
- Advanced Dual-Density EPS: A multi-layer EPS provides efficient energy dissipation in key areas including EPS lining throughout the entire chin bar.
- VSV™ (Venturi Super Vent) Ventilation System: Scopion’s innovative VSV™ (Venturi Super Vent) System was specially designed and wind-tunnel tested to increase the venturi effect, a creation of negative air pressure. The two intake ports both serve a separate function, the first draws cool air into the helmet interior while the second draws cool air across the three exhaust ports. As the second intake port passes air through the graduated super vent air channel, it accelerates the flow of air over the three exhaust ports, thus increasing the venturi effect which will draw more warm air out of the helmet interior
- AirFit® Liner Inflation System: Inflatable cheek pad system for a superior, personalized fit.
- Ellip-Tec® Ratchet System: Easy, secure, tool-less face shield changes in seconds. Pulls the shield back against the eye port gasket 7.4mm during closing to ensure an effective and efficient seal.
- 3-Step SpeedView® Retractable Sun-Visor: Adjustable to 3 positions for a personalized fit, the retractable sun-visor incorporates Everclear® anti-fogging treatment like the exterior shield.
- EverClear® No Fog Face Shield: Optically-clear shield with state-of-the art fog free technology. Anti-Scratch hardened coating. 100% UV protection. So good it has a one year guarantee as does the internal sun-visor.
- Pinlock® 100% Max vision: Pinlock® 100% Max Vision ensures a 100% fog free vision. The anti-fog insert lens is placed in the ScorpionEXO® 2D flat race shield w/tear-off posts, providing maximum visibility (optional accessory)
- Face Shield Lock/Vent System: Securely locks shield in place or turn down the lever to allow light airflow into the helmet.
- KwikWick® III Anti-Microbial Liner: The third generation of Scorpion’s moisture-wicking lining material feels cool to the touch in warm weather and warm in cool weather while maintaining anti-microbial and hypo-allergenic properties. Extremely soft to the touch makes for easy on and off of the EXO-T1200.
- Contour Cheek Pads: Concave sculpted with multi-density foam that contours to the rider’s facial shape for better comfort and fit.
- KwikFit®: Kwikfit® cheek pads allow easy on and off of the many of the common styles of eye glasses.
- Emergency Release System: Tabs located under the neck roll allow easy removal of the cheek pads by trained emergency medical personnel.
- 3 Shell Sizes: Having 3 shell sizes helps to optimize weight, fit and comfort across the entire size range
- Titanium Double D-Ring: High strength titanium D-Ring system with industry leading durability
- Communication System Speaker Pockets
- 5 Year warranty
- Meets or exceeds: DOT-218 Approved